July 18, 2010

My goodies from the Farmers Market

Sooooooooooo I tried to do something with my goodies I got from the Farmers Market.  I tried this Weight Watcher Recipe where you roast the veggies and then put it in an omelet......  So the omelet part didn't turn out to be an omelet lol.  I made it into a yummy scramble.  I only put half of my roasted veggies with the eggs because I am saving the other veggies for my tilapia and black beans I'm going to make later this week.  Here are some pics of my creations:










The Recipe: 

This is only 2 weight watcher points!!!

  • 1 medium zucchini, diced 
  • 1 medium yellow summer squash, diced 
  • 1 medium green pepper(s), seeded and diced 
  • 1 medium potato(es), diced 
  • 1 medium tomato(es), diced 
  • 1 medium onion(s), diced 
  • 1 Tbsp rosemary, fresh, chopped 
  • 1/2 tsp table salt 
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground 
  • 6 large egg white(s), lightly beaten 
  • 1/4 cup(s) light cream cheese, with herbs, cubed 

  • Arrange one rack on the bottom rung of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450°F. 
  • Combine the zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, potato, tomato, onion, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; lightly spray with olive-oil nonstick spray. Spread the vegetables in a large nonstick baking sheet. Roast, on the bottom rack of the oven, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and browned, about 25 minutes. 
  • Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add the egg whites and cook until just set, 3-4 minutes, lifting the edges frequently with a spatula to let the uncooked egg flow underneath. Spoon the vegetable mixture over the eggs, then sprinkle the cheese. Cover the skillet and cook until the cheese melts, 2-3 minutes. Fold the omelette in half and slide out onto a plate. Yields 1/4 of omelette per serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment