October 14, 2009

My hardest struggle

So recently I have been worrying alot about EVERYTHING in my life. I think the root of this worrying is because this is my last year in grad school and I have to start the whole job search thing. I just get so nervous! Like I keep comparing my skills to others that are in my program and I feel as though I am not the best candidate. I have a lot to improve on w/my position and I just wish I can stop looking to the negative things and start seeing how I am good at my job and start improving on things (like the administration stuff). I am so blessed that I need to stop worrying and start putting it in my Father's hands.

I have started reading (only read chapter 1 so far but it is good) The power of a praying woman by Elizabeth George. I know for a fact once I improve my 1-1 time with the Lord and truly start getting serious with my prayer life then my whole life will start getting better and I will no doubt stop worrying. This morning the Lord gave me this verse that I need to truly memorize when I start worrying about my future:


Jeremiah 29:11-13
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

I know for a fact that my Father will not let me fail as long as I am giving Him my WHOLE heart. So today is a new day and I starting my day right with putting my Father first and not worrying what will come.

3 comments:

  1. Don't fret Brina... I too was initially guilty of comparing myself to others in my program... But that will only bring you down... :( Focus on your strengths (you have a LOT of those) I've found that oddly enough doing so makes you feel better about yourself and as a result minimizes your weaknesses! Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel! Sometimes it's hard not to compare yourself to others, especially when you work so closely with them. Remember that you are in grad school for a reason and you DESERVE to be there! I know you will finish the school year strong and I wish you nothing but success girlie! Keep your head up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I truly appreciate your comments

    ReplyDelete